Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Holidays!

I've had a wonderful 2 days.  Yesterday the boys and I celebrated Christmas.  Our ritual is to open presents on Christmas Eve morning.  As usual, they woke me up early and advised the coffee was already brewing...smart children!   Santa was smarter though and wrapped the presents in their stockings this year :)  I know...kinda cruel, but it goes along with our unusually cruel and smart @ss relationship I have with my children.  I love them more than anything in the world!



After a fun day of opening presents and the children spending more of my money, we headed to my parents house for a fun-filled evening!  We had lots of laughs and even a few tears...only because we were laughing so hard.  Of course we were laughing with you Andrea!  I promise it wasn't at you!  ;)


Mary and Andrea photo bombing the roast picture.  I think there may have been some alcohol involved in this.


Eric and I had to fight over the rare piece in the middle.  I swear I won that arm wrestle fair and square!


Today I spent Christmas with my "other" family.  Most people probably wouldn't understand the joy of spending a holiday at work.  It's difficult to explain the camaraderie felt in emergency services.  Whether it's fire, EMS or law...it truly is a brotherhood.  Although we miss our families on these days, I can't imagine spending them elsewhere.  Being able to help someone in their time of need, comforting families during already stressful times and being able to have a holiday meal with people who know you so well is difficult to understand unless you are blessed to work in such a close knit community.  I'm thankful every day for my job, my co-workers and my friends who have my back while I'm out there serving the community.  I can't thank them enough for all they do for their communities and for each other.  

Peace, love and happiness!  


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you!! Hope your new hiking boots are working out for you.

      Delete